The mission of the Principal IT Engineer is to monitor and maintain the company computer systems, networks, and provide support to end users. This may include the implementation of new systems, re-configuring systems, and decommissioning of existing infrastructure. The position is the escalation point of contact for all desktop and level one activities. The Principal IT Engineer provides support for hosted customer systems and customer service when assigned. The Principal IT Engineer will assist Level 1 issues that require escalation.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Identify, research, resolve computer, network and application issues.
- Lead troubleshooting efforts for Applications (Ericom, Box, Zendesk, etc).
- Design, build, and support infrastructure for hosted systems.
- Document, track, and monitor issues to ensure timely resolution.
- Install and configure computer hardware operating system and software application.
- Support the roll out of new applications, systems, and infrastructure components.
- Author and execute Installation Qualification and Operational Qualification Documents.
- Lead System upgrades.
- Provide Level II support for customer and Internal Support Level I.
- Adhere to SLA.
Education and Qualification:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, MIS or related subject or 5 years of related work experience.
- Minimum Total 10 years direct experience in IT Engineering role
- Minimum 4 years’ experience configuring and maintaining VMware virtual servers
- Minimum 4 years’ experience with Windows Active Directory setup
- Minimum 4 years' experience with security
- Minimum 4 years’ experience with storage solutions
- Minimum 4 years’ experience with networking
- Disaster recovery and back up experience a plus
- Microsoft and Linux experience (Certifications preferred).
- Experience with Administering Business Class Telephony, Exchange Email and Conferencing software .
- Experience and Knowledge of various business Cloud Applications like Box and Office 365
- Experience with Windows and Third Party Remote Access software
- Knowledge in Microsoft Licensing and software distribution standards
- Experience with validated software Installation and Qualification documentation standards
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; detail oriented; excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic office environment
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills especially under pressure
- Dynamic Interpersonal relationship skills to solve user’s problems and promote user satisfaction
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills